In your words, how would you describe your notable achievement?
- My most notable achievement is being a mother!
Who was one of your role models who served to inspire you?
- My family, my colleagues, and all the amazing women in leadership I have been honoured to meet or work with.
What are you reading that inspires you?
- “Ensouling Our Schools: A Universally Designed Framework for Mental Health, Well Being and Reconciliation” – by Jennifer Katz and Kevin Lamoureux
- “In an educational milieu in which standards and accountability hold sway, schools can become places of stress, marginalization, and isolation instead of learning communities that nurture a sense of meaning and purpose. In Ensouling Our Schools, author Jennifer Katz weaves together methods of creating schools that engender mental, spiritual, and emotional health while developing intellectual thought and critical analysis.
- Kevin Lamoureux contributes his expertise regarding Indigenous approaches to mental and spiritual health that benefit all students and address the TRC Calls to Action.” — Goodreads
What are you viewing that inspires you?
- CBC Documentary: One of Ours
- “A poetic look at reconciliation and belonging through the eyes of a young Haitian-born Indigenous adoptee in Canada.” – CBC
What are you listening to that inspires you?
Do you have any final thoughts that you would like to share?
- Calgary Girls Charter School students amaze and inspire me everyday. Being at the school has given me an appreciation for who we are as women in a community of learners. I know we will continue to see excellent leaders emerge from CGCS